Monday 2 April 2012

Ubaldo Jimenez Fuels Feud With Troy Tulowitzki

Swollen and his left elbow wrapped, Troy Tulowitzki was confident that he will be ready for opening day.

It was not so sure that a former teammate Ubaldo Jimenez of Colorado drilled him intentionally, putting the state All-Star shortstop in danger.

Jimenez, Tulowitzki nailed with the first step on Sunday, resulting in a quarrel escalates in this area and lead the Cleveland and Rocky Mountains, to clear the bench.

"You guys need to talk with him and see if it was intentional or unintentional," Tulowitzki said. "I was not expecting anything and emotions take over. A few words were exchanged, but no more."

Tulowitzki and Jimenez shoe plates closely with the judge and the players on both sides of the trap to get at each other. Tulowitzki was taken to hospital for precautionary X-rays on his elbow, which were negative.

"In my opinion, when it hit me, I thought he wanted a little more. That's when the confrontation", Tulowitzki said. "Of course I was not happy that I hit. I do not think you ever ... So it was back. Do not say that was just him or me."

Rockies manager Jim Tracy, however, referred to as "the most cowardly act I've seen over the past 35 years in the game, this is what I saw."

"This is exactly what I've seen," said Tracy. "He intentionally threw at him, he should be suspended. I'll be very disappointed if it was suspended because he deserves to be suspended."

Jimenez said that it was an accident.

"I do not want to hurt him at all. Just not the one who left that can happen to anyone," he said.

Jimenez said recently Foxsports.com he was upset he had not received a contract extension with the Colorado, while Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez has won new contracts. Jimenez was sold to the Indians last summer.

Tulowitzki then quotes the Denver Post, says Jimenez is mainly needed to overcome their disappointment and focus on his career.

"I never told anyone. Only thing I said about how the team treated me. I did not tell anyone. I never mentioned names," said Jimenez.

Tulowitzki was hit in the first half and came out of the game. The Indians originally said Jimenez was unavailable for comment - he later met the media in Cleveland 12.10 victory.

"Of course, I will, unfortunately, he is one of the superstars of the players in the game," said Jimenez. "You do not want to be in a position that you take a guy at a party. It was my former teammate."

The incident quickly escalated when they met on the diamond.

Jimenez immediately jumped off the mound after Tulowitzki hit. Tulowitzki stepped up to Jimenez and said something that made a pitcher say, "Come!" And the motion of the stars in Colorado forward.

Tulowitzki and Jimenez was born not far from the plate and the empty benches, but there was no impact and emissions.

"It was the first run, and I did not have good control of my Fastball. As you can see the guy I got the first guy on four pitches," said Jimenez.

Jimenez said he never had a problem with Tulowitzki. Pitcher verbal confrontation took intensified after Tulowitzki called his name.

"I take everything easy and I never look for any problems, but if you yell at me, I'll be there. I am a man like everyone else," said Jimenez.

Indians manager Manny Acta said Jimenez "was pretty wild all day," with its transmission.

"I do not know if the story or not," he said. "They were teammates for, like, forever."

"I thought it was a bit late to do such things. You do not want anyone to get hurt. You do not want the player to get hurt so, and you do not want to get into a fight and get injured players, either," he said.

Acta said, "It was a natural reaction from the players. Masculinity, man! Nobody wants to give up."

Tracy put the blame on Jimenez.

"Five days before the opening day, you will take the bank shot like this? This is the worst I've ever seen. I lost all respect for him, and it is very difficult for me to talk to all the players that I'm under control on For many years, "said Tracy. "I lost all respect for him, every bit."

Tracy links last season, when the Rockies went on to lead NL West is going through a mid-May, despite going winless Jimenez in the first nine starts.

"Knowing what I know, knowing what happened last year, and where this team was to enter the second month of the season, and do what we did, and it's never been a while ... I lost all respect for him "said Tracy.

Note: Jimenez threw six points in four hits and five walks in four innings 1-3. ... Shelley Duncan and Travis Hafner hit a grand slam, as Cleveland finished 10 run defeat. Hafner is connected to the first opening of the Colorado starter Jeremy Guthrie and Duncan homered in the seventh. ... Tyler Colvin hit two long and distinguished tour of two to six points. ... Indians All-Star SS Asdrúbal Cabrera close to signing a new contract that will add two years and $ 16.5 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment